“No matter what we do through government, if we lose the family
we’ve lost everything” –U.S. Rep. G.K.
Wilson, North Carolina native, and U.S. Congressman, G.K. Butterfield organized a
special convening of community service leaders, organizations, judicial agencies,
schools and community college representatives to support ongoing efforts
throughout the county to encourage healthy marriages and strengthen families and
communities on November 9, 2015 at Wilson Community College.
With organizational support from the Global Peace Foundation USA, Congressman
Butterfield led the charge to explore collaborative ways to encourage financial and
educational literacy, economic opportunity, and support services for young people.
- Congressman G.K. Butterfield, 1st District, North Carolina
- Alan Inman, President, Global Peace Foundation
- Gail Hambleton, Director, Interfaith Partnerships, Global Peace Foundation
- Diann Dawson, Director, Office of Regional Operations, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Carlis Williams, Reg. IV – Regional Administrator, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Keisha Williams, Director, Summer Entrepreneurial Program, North Carolina Centra University
- Dr. Michael Bell, Senior Pastor, St Johns AMEZ Church (Wilson, North Carolina)