The Global Peace Foundation (GPF) will recognize outstanding government, civil society and faith leaders and organizations at the November 28-30, 2011 Global Peace Convention in Seoul, Korea. GPF’s Global Peace and Service Awards honor dedicated individuals and organizations that advance innovative responses to poverty, environmental threats, and identity-based conflict. Challenging social conditions that limit human freedom and social development, award winners demonstrate lives of integrity and service, and exemplify in their work recognition that we are One Family under God.
The GPF Peace and Service Awards will be conferred annually in the following categories:
- Social Entrepreneurship Award This award is conferred on an individual or nongovernmental organization whose innovative community-based efforts have resulted in sustainable progress in areas of poverty reduction, education and other social impacts.
- Scholarship Award This award is presented to an individual in academia or a public policy institution for significant work to promote peace through research-based advocacy.
- Culture Award This award is presented to an individual or nongovernmental organization for efforts to advance the welfare and integrity of families and communities.
- Interfaith Award This award recognizes an individual or faith-based organization that has promoted interfaith dialogue and collaboration on programmatic objectives, upholding the right of conscience and religious pluralism while promoting ideals of social justice.
- Governance Award This award recognizes an outstanding political leader who personifies public service, governs in the public interest, and advances human welfare through executive or legislative initiatives and leadership.
- Economic Development Award This award is conferred on an individual or business who, through commercial partnership or community-based involvement, has provided economic opportunity and fostered peaceful relations among peoples.