After two years pause, Global Peace Women (GPW) Paraguay hosted the annual “Living for the Sake of Others” Awards Ceremony honoring seven outstanding women for their many years of hard work, courage, leadership, and dedication to their communities and Paraguayan society on October 19, 2022.
“Women, inspired by love, must ignite hearts and awaken the moral conscience of others and from all the places they occupy,” said Cristina Jae Soon Field, Regional Representative for GPW, “They must take the lead and fulfill the responsibility that God has given them and that no one can take away from them.”
The 2022 Living for the Sake of Others awardees include:
- Architect JULIA MACIEL GONZALEZ, First woman Vice-President of the UN Advisory Council.
- Journalist ROXANA RUBÍN DE GARCÍA, Radio and TV host. Former Ambassador of Habitat for Humanity as well as of Global childhood.
- Professor EDITH MONTE PALMIERI DE ALTAMIRANO, Director of the Musical Artistic Institute MIMBY “A living legend of musical art”.
- Doctor MARIA LIZ GARCIA DE ARNOL, Rector of the Metropolitan University of Asuncion. First woman Minister in charge of the Ministry of National Defense.
- Professor-Attorney-At-Law MARIA ELENA ALMADA DE MARECOS, Community and cultural servant of San Juan Bautista Misiones.
- Sub Officer NANCY NUÑEZ MARTINEZ, First specialized woman of the Motorized Tactical Operations Group (LINCE) of the National Police.
- Naval Lieutenant DIANA EDITH ORTIZ AQUINO, First woman Commander of a ship in Paraguay.
Global Peace Women is an affiliate of Global Peace Foundation that leads initiatives that uplift women’s dignity and value, empower families, and advance service-minded women leadership to foster peace in the home and society.
Learn more at www.globalpeacewomen.org