Session 2 – Religious Freedom: an Essential Human Right in a Free and Just Society
Recognizing the central importance of universal principles and shared values in building a free and just society, this session highlighted the essential principle of the freedom of thought, conscience, and religion. All people have intrinsic value, dignity, and fundamental rights. These essential attributes and rights are not conferred by laws or governments but are endowed by the Creator.
- Archbishop Antonio Javellana Ledesma, S.J., D.D., Archbishop, Metropolitan Archdiocese of Cagayan de Oro
- Dr. Chandra Setiawan, Coordinator of the Presidium of MATAKIN, the Supreme Council of Confucian Religion in Indonesia
- John Gallager, Lieutenant Colonel (Ret.), US Army
- Dr. Marsudi Syuhud, Chairman of the Executive Board of Pengurus Besar Nahdlatul Ulama
- Moderator: Alan Inman, President, Global Peace Foundation USA