Session 2 – Influential Women in Leadership Panel
The UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) target increased opportunities for women in education, the economy, politics, and public life. However, there is still a gap between these goals and the realization of women’s full leadership potential. Moreover, public discourse does not adequately acknowledge women’s leadership, interpersonal and decision-making skills as resources for development and peace. Five prominent panelists discussed how women’s leadership can contribute to diverse sectors of society.
- Dr. Nona Ricafort, Former Deputy Minster of Higher Education, Philippines
- Dr. Jun Sook Moon, Chairwoman, Global Peace Women USA
- H.E. Hajiya Amina Namadi Sambo, Founder, I-CARE Women and Youth Initiative Nigeria
- Dr. Eva Latham, President, Human Rights Teaching International, The Netherlands
- Hon. Cynthia Aguilar Villar, Senator, Republic of the Philippines
- Moderator: Soonok Kang Secretary General, Global Peace Women