Session 2 – Asia-Pacific perspectives on One Korea: A New Model for Peace and Development in East Asia
This session evaluated prospects for peace, stability, development, and prosperity in East Asia. Expert panelists presented the most current views on countering the nuclear threat and improving human rights conditions in the North. Furthermore, a vision of One Korea was presented as the model of conflict resolution and twenty-first century development for East Asia and the world.
- Dr. Joseph Bosco, Senior Associate, Center for Strategic and International Studies, USA
- Chan-woo Lee, Specially Appointed Fellow, Japan Center for Economic Research, Japan
- Dr. Shulong Chu, Director, Institute of International Strategic and Development Studies at Tsinghua University, China
- Nanjin Dorjsuren, Director, Center for China, East Asian Studies at the Mongolia Institute for Strategic Studies, Mongolia
- Dr. Alexander Zhebin, Director, Center for Korean Studies (CKS) at the Institute of Far Eastern Studies (IFES) of the Russian Academy of Sciences in Moscow, Russia
- Moderator Dr. Jin Shin, President, Institute for Peace Affairs, Korea