Session 5: Building a Better Future: Advancing Social Cohesion through Shared Values and Framing a Global Ethic
Over the last several decades, important work in advancing a global ethic has yielded significant lessons for the global community, particularly in its applications in grassroots work with interfaith leaders around the world. In this session, key contributors to the global ethic initiative discussed its historical development, lessons learned, and critical strategies needed for the way forward. While global ethic efforts have roots in the late nineteenth century and earlier, panelists discussed the prospects for significant progress today toward a global ethic in the unique circumstances of our time.
- Dr. Leonard Swidler, Founder and President, Dialogue Institute
- Dr. Jonathan Keir, Professor, Global Ethic Institute
- Swami Shantatmanada, Secretary, RamaKrishna Mission
- Bishop Emerito P. Nacpil (retired), United Methodist Church, Philippines
- Moderator: Rebecca Mays, Executive Director, Dialogue Institute