March 1 Session 2 – Learning for a Purpose: Reshaping What It Means to Educate
Each child is unique and special, has the potential to be good and great, and is naturally curious and inherently creative. How can teachers transform their classrooms in such a way that each student is engaged and never bored? How can they create an environment that stimulates collaboration, teamwork, respect and problem solving?
This session explored what the twenty-first century classroom can look like and the approaches that great teachers and schools are pioneering in educating the total child.
- Dr. Dinah Mindo, Regional Chairman – Southern Luzon, Girls Scouts of the Philippines Former Regional Director, Department of Education
- Maria Elaine De Velez, CEO & Co-Founder, Frontlearners
- Dr. Ricardo Rotoras, President, Philippine Association of State Universities and Colleges
- Mann Renoy, Director, Character Education Partnership, Philippines
- Moderator: Dr. Isabelita Borres, Regional Director, Department of Education Region III