safer community, safer youth
Strengthen community resilience, and prevent targeted violence.
The Prince George’s County, Maryland Safe Communities, Safer Youth project is a community capacity-strengthening effort. The project engages local community leaders and stakeholders, front line youth workers, educators, social service professionals and other members of the community. The goal of the project is to strengthen community resilience and prevent targeted violence.
The Targeted Violence and Terrorism Prevention project is funded by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Center for Prevention Programs and Partnerships, opportunity number EMW-2021-GR-00121.
1. Community Partner Briefings: Conduct briefings to introduce project goal, objectives and the activities and seek feedback and contextual knowledge from a broad array of community members and stakeholders including educators, parents, employers, community and nonprofit leaders, youth leaders and youth workers, clergy and members of diverse faith traditions and backgrounds for effective implementation of the project activities.
2. Awareness Raising Trainings: Deliver in-person and virtual training sessions for community leaders and faith leaders to raise awareness of threats and indicators of radicalization to violence and the measures to prevent violence.
3. Social Media Campaigns: Organize social media campaign, reaching 10,000 people to raise awareness about targeted violence and terrorism on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Follow and engage with the social media accounts:
Training Hosts Needed
Join the Safer Maryland Campaign
Host an Awareness Raising Training for your group/organization virtually or in-person and receive funds to support your efforts.
Training is designed to raise awareness to targeted violence, build resilience and strengthen community safety.
- Learn what steps the community can take to keep youth and the community safe
- Understand keywords and terminology
- Receive helpful tips on identifying concerning behaviors
- Connect to services and resources
Register for upcoming programs and webinars.
Join our December 6th awareness raising training to better understand potential threats of targeted violence and terrorism and how to make a safer community for our families and youth. We will also focus on resiliency factors that help nurture stronger communities.