Session 4 – Women Leaders’ Summit: Building a Network for Peace and Development
Ambitious targets such as the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and world peace cannot be achieved by individuals alone. Like-minded leaders and organizations need to develop private-public partnerships and relationships to support, mentor, and cooperate with each other for greater impact.
This session recognized Global Peace Women (GPW) leaders and contributors as well as provided an opportunity for participants to share partnership success stories. In addition to setting out GPW’s international plan for 2017, the session allowed participants to expand the breadth and scope of their work through networking and collaboration on joint peacebuilding initiatives.
- Dr. Nona Ricafort, Former Deputy Minster of Higher Education, Philippines
- Dr. Jun Sook Moon, Chairwoman, Global Peace Women USA
- Julie Malaya, Vice-President, Global Peace Women Philippines
- Donna Schuller, Pastor and Co-founder, Robert Schuller Ministries
- Pamela De Guzman, National Treasurer, Inner Wheel of the Philippines Foundation, Philippines
- Dr. Soonok Kang, Secretary General, Global Peace Women