Session 1 – Transforming Education Outcomes with Character and Creativity
Schools are being called upon to transform their school cultures and develop graduates who are well balanced. Employers at all levels are seeking ethical and innovative employees who can work effectively with others, solve problems and build trust with co-workers, peers, clients and customers.
This session explored how Ministries of Education, schools, principals and teachers are creating new possibilities in educating the total child through modeling and nurturing character and an entrepreneurship mindset.
- Dr. Ronald Adamat, Commissioner, Office of the President’s Commission on Higher Education, Philippines
- Dr. Tony Devine, Vice President, Education, Global Peace Foundation
- Richard P. Burgos, Director, Science and Technology Information Institute (STII),
Department of Science and Technology (DOST) – Philippine
- Andreas Schleicher, Special Advisor on Education Policy to the Secretary General, Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Moderator: Dr. Florida Labuguen, Executive Director, Philippine Society of NSTP and Implementers Inc.