Session 1: Public Private Partnership in Community Development
Financial constraints and other resource limitations, as well as lack of innovative leadership, often impede agencies in providing solutions to unmet needs in local communities. These challenges have opened opportunities for creative private and non-profit institutions with support of grassroots community and youth-driven efforts to augment government in rendering more effective local services through Public-Private Partnerships (PPP). How are exemplary PPPs providing win-win solutions to all parties? How can PPPs leverage each party’s expertise and resources to deliver lasting results? This session drew attention to the challenges and best practices of PPPs in providing innovative solutions to achieve development goals in communities.
- Mario Deriquito, Vice President, SM Foundation
- Emelita Alvarez, Vice President, Rotary Philippines (Makati EDSA)
- Pramod Sharma, President, Yuvsatta
- Ding Cheihu, National Representative for China, International Association for Volunteer Effort
- Moderator: Dr. Theresita Atienza, Senior Vice President, Development Academy of the Philippines