Session 1 – Entrepreneurship: Key to Sustainable Development and Poverty Reduction
Economists, government ministers and entrepreneurs examined the role of government in promoting and facilitating the development and protection of an entrepreneurial environment for sustainable commerce and industry. This session also highlighted the entrepreneur’s role in finding and providing solutions to problems, creating jobs, lowering poverty and raising the economic well-being of the people.
- Opening Statement: Mr. Jose Luis U. Yulo, Jr., President, Chamber of Commerce of the Philippine Islands
- Forum Opening Keynote: Honorable Arthur C. Yap, House of Representatives of the Republic of Philippines
- Olivia Limpe-Aw, President, Destilleria Limtuaco and Co.
- Mr. Johnlu Kao, Founder and CEO, The French Baker
- Moderator: Mr. Robert Bleu, President, True World Group